Simonton Replacement Windows Tax Credit

Simonton Tax CreditOn February 17th, President Obama signed the $789 billion economic stimulus bill that includes tax credit incentives for homeowners who make energy-efficient home improvements. The bill extends eligibility for tax credits through 2010 on energy-efficient improvements—including qualifying windows and doors!

simontonThe bill includes the ability for homeowners to receive a tax credit of 30 percent of the cost of qualifying energy-efficient products up to a maximum of $1,500 per household for all improvements made in 2009 and 2010.

The requirements to qualify for the new energy tax credit include:

  1. Windows purchased must be equal to or below a U-Factor of 0.30 and a Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC) of 0.30.
  2. The purchase of the qualified windows must be made during the taxable year for which the credit is being claimed.
  3. The credit is only allowed on the price of the qualified windows themselves, not on installation costs, onsite preparation, assembly or sales tax.
  4. The tax credit is allowable only for qualified window units placed in service in 2009 and 2010.
  5. Homeowners must save their receipts for their windows purchased along with all window labels and stickers for verification and tax recordkeeping.
  6. The windows must be installed in the taxpayer's principal residence.

Qualifying Simonton Products

For windows and doors to qualify for the current energy tax credit, they must meet a high level of energy efficiency. Simonton offers a variety of energy-efficient glass packages that meet these qualifications.

Recent Home Improvement Article:

  • Understanding Energy-Efficiency in Replacement Windows - Window replacement for improved energy efficiency is one of the most popular remodeling projects undertaken by homeowners today.  Replacing your windows could result in energy savings of 30% or more in any region of the U.S...

If you are looking for a professional replacement windows contractor, please call us today at 715-394-1776 or complete our online request form.